The mission of the Sikeston R-6 School District is to provide a
comprehensive, quality education for all students.
Philosophy of Education
Sikeston R-6 Schools believes the purpose of education is to prepare
students to be successful, life-long learners in an ever-changing society. All
students will be provided the opportunity and motivation to develop
academically, mentally, emotionally, socially, culturally and physically to their
fullest extent. We further believe schools should foster honesty, citizenship,
self-esteem and respect for the rights of others.
Goals for Sikeston R-6 Schools
1. Improve reading skills at all grade levels
2. Improve math skills at all grade levels.
3. Improve science skills at all grade levels.
4. Actively promote high attendance rates (96% or higher) and persistence to
graduation (maintain a drop-out rate less than 3%).
5. Provide professional development opportunities that support the district goals
utilizing the 1% of the revenue from the Foundation Formula.
6. Encourage students to be civic-minded, self-directed, and capable of leading.
7. Improve the quality of the library media centers.
8. Maintain high academic expectations for all students in the Sikeston R-6 School
9. Work to integrate technology into the curriculum and instruction.
10.Maintain and employ highly qualified teachers.